Where is the event located?
– Running Y Ranch sports center (5500 Running Y Rd, Klamath Falls, OR 97601)
What time does the race start?
– Registration and packet pick-up begin at 8:00am. Event ceremonies begin at 9:00am. Race starts at 9:15am.
What is the course like?
-This is a beautiful 5k loop through Running Y Ranch’s golf course. The course is a paved, off-road trail suitable for runners, walkers, strollers, and dogs. Note that the race course is very hilly and is medium-level difficulty. 10k runners will run the 5k loop twice.
Is there a shorter fun run for kids?
-no, any children will have to complete the 5k loop with an adult
Can kids ride bikes?
– no, the route is too hilly and would be dangerous with our road crossings. Also, they would not be able to ride the bikes up the hills anyway so walking is best for kids if they can’t run the whole way. Many parents brought strollers even for their older children.
Can I walk the 5k or do I have to run?
– Yes, you can definitely walk the 5k! Many of our 2017 participants chose to walk so you will not be alone! 🙂
Are strollers allowed?
– Yes, but be reminded that the race is hilly. The path is well paved and appropriate for strollers. Please keep to one side so runners can pass.
Is there a limit on the number of runners?
Can I get a refund if I register and then am unable to run?
-Unfortunately you cannot get a refund. But if you find someone to take your place, just send us an email and we will switch over the registration to them.
Where do I pick up my race packet (and t-shirt)?
– If you have pre-registered, you can pick up your race bib and tshirt (If you ordered one) from the Klamath Spine, Rehab, and Sports Centre on Thursday, May 16th, from 9-5pm.
– You can also pick up your packet the day of the race, beginning at 8:00am and closing by 8:45am. Please make sure to come on time!
Can I get a t-shirt even if I am unable to participate in the run/walk?
-yes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to order a t-shirt if you are not registering for the event itself
Can I get a t-shirt on race day?
-We ask you to order ahead of time to secure your t-shirt. We will have a limited number of t-shirts available on race day. Online orders of t-shirts will close on May 1st.
Will there be child sized, 2xl+, and womens style t-shirts available?
-yes! but please make sure to pre-order as these particular styles may be limited on race day. There are child and women sizes available with online registration. If there is a particular size not listed online, email us at email@example.com to custom order.
Will the event be timed?
Do you allow mp3 players/headphones?
-Yes, but we ask that you please be aware of passing runners and road traffic at the crossings
Will there be awards given out?
-There will be awards given for the top male/female runners of both the 5k and 10k.
How many aid stations will be on this course?
-We will provide 1 aid station with a porta potty at approximately the halfway mark (Also note that there are facilities at the beginning/end of the race in the sports center)
Will there be any drinks/snacks provided?
-Yes, we will have drinks and snacks post-race provided by our wonderful sponsors
Are children allowed to participate?
-Yes, children 12 and under are free but must have an adult with them at all times. Please register them regardless as we need signed waiver for each participant no matter what age, and also so we can get a headcount for the event. Note that t-shirts are not included in registration and must be ordered separately.
Are dogs allowed?
-yes, dogs are allowed if they are leashed. We had a wonderful canine participation last year and enjoyed all your furry friends. There will be water available at aid stations for the dogs!
Are there any discounts?
-We have a Military, First Responder, and Student Discount. $5.00 off your total price. ID# will be required.